Saturday, June 20, 2009

Will Summer let us know when it has entered the building?

Well here we are at another week with no signs of summer. Officially on the calendar, summer begins on Monday but I for one will remain skeptical. Now I am wondering if we are going to have continued lousy weather into July and August or, as often happens in this wacky weather that is New England, will we have this blazing hot summer weather? I personally think the latter is going to happen. Not due to any cheeky optimism on my part, but rather due to the fact that the exact opposite of what you expect to happen in New England weather wise is usually what happens. Who would want to be a weather forecaster in New Mexico or San Diego where you know what the weather will be like on September 4 right now, because it is exactly the same each year on that date?

I do have to say that I am a bit disappointed in President Obama and the way he is handling this Iran mess. I think it's pretty obvious that the election for President there was far from a fair and free election. Never mind that the nut jobs who run the country pick the candidates anyway the fact that a man who has run the country into the ground while picking fights with any country who can help Iran won something close to 70 percent of the vote is unlikely to say the least. There is a line that I think came from the Woody Allen movie Banana's where he says "we don't want the people to think we stole the election, a simple landslide will suffice." Some force full words would be very appropriate I believe.

I just finished "Go Down With Me" a book about Bonnie and Clyde. It was very interesting, I gave it four stars on Amazon. The author basically makes the Barrow gang to be a bunch of people who were very violent and who were one step ahead of the law trying to catch them. Thanks to B&C law enforcement started to work much closer together and now we see international manhunts and Amber Alerts all of which seem to stem from this one case.

As for the Red Sox what can I say other than poor Dice K. I like you man but you can't walk 7 or 8 batters a game and expect to win!!! Oh and dinner last night was courtesy of the Red Wing Diner on Rte 1 in Walpole. The places at Patriot Place look much better but not a one can match the Red Wing when it comes to food! Well I hope my new shower rod is behaving itself and staying up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment