Sunday, June 14, 2009

Here comes the rain again!

All together let's sing that mid-1980's song by the Eurythmics. It is amazing that despite the rain during the past week we somehow remain in a drought or below rainfall expectations whatever the meteorological term would be.

I have been giving some thought this weekend to the idea of what to name my company. Surprisingly, this is much more difficult than one would think. One the one hand you would like to have a name that tells what you do, but on the other hand you need to have a solid marketing program behind what you do that will sell your product or service. For example, Amazon.com works much better than, buy your books using a computer and have them shipped to your home. Of course, I can't help but smile when I see Stop & Shop. As far as a name goes, that one does the best job of simply stating what the company's purpose is.

Another Red Sox win does help to make an otherwise yucky Sunday morning more palatable. Winning ugly is still winning and when the Yankees lose so much the better! The lead is now three games and looking very good but of course as all life long Red Sox fans know, the Sox never look strong than what they do in June. If World Series were decided in June the Red Sox and not the Yankees would have 26, maybe 30 plus World Championships!

Now I will admit to seeing a kids moving and enjoying it tremendously. I saw Wall-E on DVD the other night and was surprised that I found myself sucked in by the story and while I had expected something cheesy and sugary, instead it was quite warm and inspirational.

Oh by way of retraction, I believe I said that Cuckoo Clark Rockefeller should have had the book thrown at him. What happened is the wrong book was thrown. He should have had War & Peace thrown not some little kiddie book!

No comments:

Post a Comment