Friday, June 5, 2009

The Weekend Is Starting Well

Well today's job report was quite the stunner. It came in well below expectations which makes me wonder if the numbers aren't wrong. Much as one can not look at who the Patriots take in the first round, you have to look beyond the first number to see what's going on. And also keep in mind that this means companies are firing less and not hiring new employees. But still I am optimistic that we are beyond the worst. I think we went down too fast and that when we come back it may not be as fast but pent up demand will have to be unleashed at some point.

In other news I am pumped that the Sox swept by the Tiggers :) Tim Wakefield is having a heck of a season and Jason Bay, or the Anti Manny, is proving that the trade for Manny may be the Sox's best move since they traded for Tek about ten years ago. I am also rooting for the Magic in this year's finals. Basically anyone vs. the Lakers gets my vote and the fact that the rapist Kobe Bryant should be in jail and not playing basketball should also be enough reason to go against the Lakers.

I did get a laughable treatment from a guy looking for a PR person. He wanted someone to write press releases because he knew that's how you get coverage. Of course this is wrong and I tried to tell him this but he knew. I asked him how he knew and he told me that you see all these press releases out there and all those articles get written so they must be getting written from the press releases. I thought wow this guy must also think that since he only sees the sun during the day it must dissapear at night. Amazing the thoughts and the certainty that goes through some people's minds.

Well a quite day. Once the rain is gone it looks like a nice weekend so I will take Max the Wonder Dog out for a walk and try to work off some of his fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment