Monday, June 15, 2009

Getting the week off to a slow start

Oh goodness, what is it about starting the week with a dreary, gray Monday that does nothing for me. This is perfect weather to just go back to sleep and enjoy a nice long nap! Yesterday was a washout and once again the weather forecasters got it all wrong. Boy, I wish I could have a job where you could be wrong most of the time and people not only expect it, but reward you for doing so! What a life!!!

I have been watching the news from Iran and my own opinion is that the bozo who runs the country, and I couldn't be bothered to spell is name, stole the election. I mean if he won 51 to 49 I doubt that anyone would be more than upset and sad but to do it so flagrantly is only to stir up the hornets nest or poke the bear or insert metaphor here. There was a line I recall from the Brink's Job movie where one of the characters said that the only mistake they made was to rob from Brink's. The point being that how and who you steal from matters almost as much as what you steal.

I saw a very interesting position this morning at Bank of America and of course sent my resume in for it. I am curious that they are hiring and if so they are doing it very quietly. I like the idea that the plan is for community service grants as well which interests me thanks to my work with a number of non-profits through the years including several years on the Price Center board. Well as they say, time shall tell you know.

Yesterday I went to a First Communion for my cousin's quadruplets. Yes you read right she had four kids, two boys and two girls and they had their First Communion yesterday. It was a shame about the weather but oh boy was the food amazing. I love good BBQ and this was great BBQ. Of course I ate like a pig and when I came home last night could not move a muscle. More accurately, I had no desire to move a muscle.

Sadly the Red Sox could not pull off the sweep of the Phillies yesterday. Josh Beckett had his first bad start in almost two months and it was bound to happen. Of course Julio Lugo played so my theory of playing Lugo means the team loses still stands. Kudo's to Beckett for hitting a home run in the loss though!

Well today's big goal is finalizing the name of my company with my partner and once we have that done we can start to move faster. The devil is truley in the details when it comes to starting a company. But it is also more fulfilling. You feel like you are doing something, rather than just going through the motions.

No comments:

Post a Comment