Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Lessons from the Business Trenches

Well I continue to build the business along with my partner and from a marketing perspective I am becoming more excited by the day. I believe we are onto a unique niche market and can offer a product that has clear benefit to the end users and more importantly, can be ahead of the curve in changing attitudes towards healthcare. Think of it this way, would you rather spend $1 today which has would prevent you from spending $25 a year from now. I think a lot of people would say that they would choose to spend the $1.

Preventative care is one of the better aspects of the British and Canadian healthcare systems and is one we would be wise to copy. Rather than be a country of fast food joints and obese pre-teens we should start walking clubs, smoking cessation programs and make it so people can age in a setting that provides the greatest benefit. It would be a nice thing if joining a health club could be tax deductible and maybe help community service groups like the YMCA.

In more important events here in Boston the Red Sox won again and Tim Wakefield shows what an ageless wonder he is. He pitched a wonderful game last night and Big Papi swung a good stick to help the Red Sox win. Granted it was the Florida Marlins, one of baseball's biggest franchise failures, but still a win is a win and I will not poo poo it. A great job by one and all!

I am a big fan of Facebook now and started a lively discussion, that being the respective achievements of Val Kilmer during his career. I stated, and still believe that his career hit its respective peak with the films Real Genius and Top Secret. I did love the responses I got but I stand by my original statement!

Tonight I will go with a friend to Theology on Tap in Quincy. Besides going to tell those knuckleheads that run it that I want to get their blasted emails, Ray Flynn, former U.S. ambassador to the Vatican will be a speaker. I am not sure of the topic but Ray is an interesting speaker and his love for the media spotlight not withstanding, has a unique view of what America should be doing not only as a country, but as a people.

Well I hope to get out and enjoy this gorgeous weather since it is going to be lousy for the foreseeable future. Oh well, maybe summer will show up sometime before the first snow flake or the leaves turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment