Monday, June 29, 2009

Strange days indeed!

Wow there is just a lot of strange stuff happening these days. I think I have to start with the weather. I can not recall a June where the weather has been worse and where summer has been in less evidence than this year. I can not recall when we have had less sunshine than this past month. I mean it is one thing if you have this type of weather in April but then to see it continue into June is beyond the pale. Every day the weather people are forecasting that the weather will break soon. It reminds me of something my uncle used to say when lousy weather was happening. He would look out in the middle of some storm or stretch of bad weather and say, "the back of this storm is broken." Of course that is usually when it would ratchet up a notch or fifty.

I took my nephew to see the new Transformers movie so allow me to provide you with my review of it. This may be a sign of me getting older and thinking that things were better when I was a child, but this movie was lame to put it nicely. The acting was bad, the plot was paper thin and there was no real reason to do a sequel other than to make more money. Granted whoever had the explosives contract for this film made out like a bandit as there were more things blown up here than during D-Day. And the thing was 2 1/2 hours long to top it all off. So if you like to see things blown up please go and see this movie, otherwise I am sure something more intelligent will come out.

The Sox did give it an effort yesterday but could not sweep the Braves. I have to say no shame there as the Atlanta pitcher really did a great job and threw the ball right past Sox hitters as the Sox pitchers had done to the Braves the first two games. Once again, Jason Bay had done a great job and had the first Red Sox hit of the day.

Now I do wish to say for what ever record that I am officially tired of the Michael Jackson adulation that is ongoing. Someone explain to me please why a 50 year old pop star's death is worthy of more attention than if a 50 year old heart surgeon dies. To be honest, the heart surgeon or teacher is a greater loss to society. I was saddened to hear of the loss of another 50 year old that being Billy May the TV pitchman. I never bought what he was selling but he was a self made man and while I had no use for his products, I respected a fellow entrepreneur. What a shame for his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment