Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How hard can it be?

I find it funny that some people get paid lots of money to do their jobs poorly and yet like cockroaches somehow survive all layoffs and reorganizations to continue doing a terrible job. I laughed this morning when I saw that I had an email from a major Boston company. That's odd as the subject was "Updating You on Your Interview Status." Equally odd was the fact that I had not interviewed with this company in several years and certainly not at any point during the last few weeks.

Well "my" email started off with "Dear Ms. Allen, thank you for taking the time to meet with us regarding the XXX position. After careful consideration, etc, etc." The etc. are mine. Well I had to laugh at what was very poor human relations management I did feel a twinge of guilt. Obviously, this woman interviewed with this company and is probably wondering what's going on. The email does not allow for response so I am stuck as I would like to let them know so they can correct their mistake but since we live in an impersonal age, there is no chance to do so. Sadly, HR is often the weakest link in an organization, yet has the most important function.

Today seems like day 900 of rain in Boston. I watched a show on TV last night about albino animals that 99 percent of the time would have done nothing for me. But with this weather, I couldn't help but enjoy the irony of watching about animals who don't see the sun for days, weeks even years at a stretch! Both ironic and appropriate at the same time. How I would love to see blue sky again!

What a tragedy in Washington D.C. yesterday with the Metro and what I hear now is 7 to 9 people dead. I hope it's not another case of an operator on the cell phone or texting. Boston was for once ahead of the curve and banned these activities and not only should they be banned for operators of public transportation, all drivers should not be allowed to use cell phones when driving.

I finished reading Under The Royal Palms a behind the scenes type expose of the crowd in Palm Beach. It had great reviews and I have to say that upon reading it I was disappointed. I think that any journalist should remain independent and offer real perspective which was lacking. This is a totally fawning profile of these people. Trust me and don't read this waste of paper. Mourn the trees killed to make it. Well even though summer came in on Sunday, Thursday is when it really shows up! I hope so!!!

Oh special kudo's to the blind gentleman who walked the entire Appalachian Trail! I could do more than a mile on it and he did all 21oo miles plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment