Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh what a lousy Friday!

Who would have thought that a Friday could be such a lousy day but today is. Where to begin? First there is the absolute terrible weather. It just sucks outside. June has been one of the worst weather months I can ever recall, nothing but rain and dampness. This is like Seattle weather but even in Seattle the summer months are usually rather nice and sunny. This is just plain horrible!

The weather isn't the worst part of it all, I go to take a shower this morning and my shower rod broke into several pieces. Yelling and swearing did not make it all back together. So now I have to run out and buy a new one. Oh yea, just what I need another needless expense. So once the weather lets up some, I will head down to Aubochon Hardware and buy a new one.

The Sox lost a tough one last night. Of course, if it had gone nine I am sure they would have won hands down. Yesterday was the day for freaky news like the pilot dying during the transatlantic flight and then the truck driver who seemed to forget that cutting of a car is one thing but cutting of a plan on the runway at Logan Airport is totally different.

I have to say one thing I hate about freelancing is people who seem to think you need to prove your value to them by giving them several solutions to their specific marketing or PR needs. That's like saying to a car dealership, let me drive it around for a month before I buy it to see if I like it? Or go into Brighams and say, let me have a chocolate cone to see if I may buy some more. These are always the ones who complain about your work anyways and will always give you issues on payment. For example they will say that you said left and not right and don't bother we told you to say that, we changed our minds and it's up to you to anticipate our moves. I actually had a CEO say that to me once.

Don't forget this weekend, besides being Father's Day, is also the Special Olympics in the Boston area. If you are free this Saturday or Sunday, stop by it is time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment