Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Joys of Summer Time

Last night was almost a perfect summer's night, that was until a nasty chill wind blew up for no good reason. Still it was a perfect night to sit outside and enjoy some tasty burgers and dogs from the grill and enjoy what little precious summer we have here in Boston. I was able to take Max the Wonder Dog for a walk and as usual he managed to freak out yet another dog. This thing of his where he has to be the A-Number-One dog on the block is amazing. Imagine meeting someone for the first time and as you go to shake their hand they say, "I make more money than you, drive a better car and my wife is prettier than yours." That is basically how Max behaves in social settings.

I have to tip my cap to Jon Lester who pitched an awesome game last night. I think Lester is one of the most amazing sports stories to come along in many a year. Not only is he a decent left handed pitcher, and really the first one to come up via the Red Sox farm system that I can think of since the good ole days of Bruce Hurst. His battle with cancer is inspirational so if he goes out and does what most of us can only dream about doing then you have to be in a state of awe! Notice that the Red Sox won and you know who was parking his over priced kiester on the bench.

Well I hope it does clear up more for later on. I think taking MTWD for a walk will be on the agenda. Have you ever met a dog who nags? Seriously, I am not allowed to sit down and take a breath before I hear low level growls and whines which basically means get off your rear and take me for a walk. Oh on the plus side I see on the news that Midway Auto in Framingham is going out of business today. They were the biggest crooks and gave dishonest auto dealers everywhere a bad name. I would say this is addition by subtraction and no great loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment