Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Time Has Finally Arrived

Well it was hard to get to sleep last night. Understand I am not an AC person so I tend to sleep sans AC and while it's tough it never ceases to amaze me how my body just turns off like a switch. One minute I am doing some type of mental gymnastics and then the next thing I know it is several hours later. Just when I am about to get up and watch TV or something because I don't think I will ever fall asleep, I do. I sometimes wonder if I were walking would I fall to the ground.

No summer has arrived and by the dew point I would say it is trying to make up for lost time. Now if we can only hold out for one more week so that July 4th is fine and dandy. Of course thanks to all the lousy weather we've had there is a plague of mosquitoes to look forward too.

Josh Beckett pitched a beauty of a game and David Ortiz hit a homer so all is right in Red Sox land! For some reason Danny Ainge has decided that Rajon Rondo is not worthy of playing for the Celtics anymore even though he's an all-rookie and kept the Celt's in the playoffs much longer than they would have without him. I don't quite understand what Ainge's issue is but he does tend to fall in, and out, of love with players.

I watched the film Doubt last night. What an amazing movie. I find that great acting can make a movie so much more watchable than stupid special effects. This is the type of movie you have to watch to follow and enjoy. While there are many outstanding performances, I have to say I loved Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Father Flynn. Of course who can forget Hoffman's role as Dusty in Twister and his invention of the word sharted which every guy thinks is just fantastic.

Well everyone is treating Michael Jackson's death as this huge social crisis. Someone I heard on TV said the world has lost a saint. Had I been eating, I would have choked. This man was a singer. That is it. While it is sad when anyone goes that young losing a teacher or a doctor would have been far sadder in my opinion. It is another sad example of our twisted culture where celebrity means you are better and more worthy of attention than valuable members of society. Michael Jackson's death is no more and no less tragic than anyone who else who died on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment