Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wake is just amazing!

I've made no secret of the fact that I am a big Tim Wakefield fan. I have had the chance to meet him twice and he's really down to earth and you can look at his role with the Red Sox over the years and you can see how much he's meant to the team. Yesterday, not only did he pitch well, but he tied Roger Clemens for the Red Sox club record for starts.

They represent quite a contrast. Wake is the ultimate team player and leads, from all accounts, a good decent life and puts team first. Clemens is the ultimate selfish player who always put self above team and expected to be treated differently because he was the lord almighty Roger Clemens. Keep on doing what you're doing Wake! While sports stars should be automatically held up as role models, for his hard work and commitment to the community and the team Tim Wakefield should be held up!

OK so there were massive thunderstorms in Foxboro yesterday and I missed them!!! I love a great thunderstorm and God knows New England doesn't get enough of them. Foxboro received 4 inches of rain in something like an hour. That is amazing!!! Of course I was having a blast at a friend's party so I can't complain. Oddly 25 miles away and we heard one clap of thunder and that was it. Now the stupid birds had me up at 4:30 AM this morning so now I feel like I had zero sleep last night.

Today is another lousy day so I am taking my nephew to see the Transformers movie. I looked online and it is 2 1/2 hours long so I sure hope not to fall asleep. One thing I heard on the news struck me as wrong and that is that a town in Maryland is building a new school and has decided to name it after President Obama. Now the decision belongs to the town of course, but I tend to believe that local buildings should be named for local leaders and if it is a national leader it should be one whose accomplishments are not disputed and whose record is complete. An Abraham Lincoln or an FDR for example. I have no issue with the President but it's too soon for the accolades to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment