Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Let me begin by wishing all the fathers out there a happy Father's Day! While my own father has passed on, the loads of happy memories I am left with makes me appreciate the great treasure that it is to be a father and to have a father. I can't help but think of the Red Sox games, the many many times he drove me to the movies or to friends parties, houses and so forth. The many life lessons that only become apparent in adult hood and the general ability to enjoy life.

I was pleased to see the warm response that D. Lowe received from the Red Sox fans at yesterday's Red Sox game. The star of the game was beyond a doubt Josh Beckett. He just pitched one heck of a game! It is so rare to see a pitcher go all the way these days and of course I was glad to see that Tito let Beckett finish what he should have. I wouldn't mind a return to the old days of when pitchers pitched. I remember as a very young boy seeing Luis Tiant pitch a complete nine inning game that was 9-7 and while he wasn't at peak form he was winning so why take him out?

The Special Olympics are going on this weekend at Harvard around Harvard Stadium. These games are amazing and don't let anyone fool you, these athletes are just that, amazing athletes. Except they don't cheat and are actually thrilled to receive the laurels that come with victory. The only down side is that the greedy SOB's at Harvard charge $5 to park. Oh please poor Harvard has seen its endowment slip from $40 billion to $30-35 billion so now the people who attend the Special Olympics have to pay.

The weather is still not any thing to write home about. I wish summer would show up? Right now it's gray and gross. On the plus side it was a bit sunny yesterday and I got a decent tan and slept like a baby last night! Well to all the fathers new and old, happy father's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment