Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh what a terrible morning

Well I had the chance to meet a colleague last night who was interviewing for a job. The hiring manager told her there was a project which unto itself is not that unusual. However, he wanted her to design a marketing and communications program for the next 3, 6 and 12 months for the company's principal product line. He wanted her to treat this as if she were working for the company. Needless to say she didn't do it and though it cost her the job it just goes to show another example of hiring managers trying to get something for nothing because they think they can.

Another sorry example I heard about was from a WSJ online article about a hiring manager who will not speak to anyone who is unemployed and expects only employed people willing to work for his company. I may be wrong, but I believe the article also said that he wouldn't pay to move people and would only pay a small increase. Now first of all the PR person who placed this article doesn't really get the idea that you are supposed to make your client look good when placing them in front of the news media. Sadly, this made them look mercenary and not interested in hiring the best candidate available.

I am still gobsmacked, to quote my British friends that the Sox blew a 9 run lead against the Orioles last night. This is the Orioles people!!! You don't lose to the bloody Orioles! Just a bad game and hopefully the worst one of the season!

OK I am tired of these gray mornings and want some nice summer sun! It does come out in the PM and gets hot and muggy. If it does that again today I am so heading for the Dairy Queen up the street. If not, I will try and get some work done but it is so hard to focus because there is no bright sun to cheer us along!

Oh and I am on a self imposed Michael Jackson boycott. From this point on, I refuse to discuss what is already a stale news topic. Maybe I can help achieve my ultimate goal of putting TMZ out of business!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment