Saturday, July 11, 2009

And now, the dangers of summer

I hate to be one to complain after all the rain we have had but the sun will bring with it more than just a brief respite from drizzle and downpours. Sadly, one of the inevitable outcomes of so much rain is going to be a flurry of mosquitoes and the accompanying health concerns such as West Nile virus. The nice thing I enjoy about weekends is just the relaxing routine and this is going to be one of these weekends. After the rush of last weekend with July 4, today is about relaxing, doing the laundry, running some errands and I could not be happier.

I was very pleased to see the Red Sox and Jon Lester win last night. Lester pitched one heck of a game and thankfully he won! I do have to say the umpire blew the call on Ellsbury crossing the plate. Now I am not umpire but the fact that Ellsbury was across home and in the dugout, eating a hot dog may have been a clue that he beat the throw?

I did have some time last night after dinner to watch Taken with Liam Neeson. It actually started promising but then because the classic stupid action movie where all the bad guys have Uzi's and can't hit anything and the good guy, Neeson in this case, has his fists or less and takes out all the bad guys to rescue his daughter. Not a terrible movie but not a good one either.

If you are looking for my pearls of wisdom regarding business, I only share them during the week so check back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment