Thursday, July 2, 2009

15 days of rain and counting!!!

Good lord when will it stop if ever? We are now at 15 consecutive days with some rain here in Boston. I don't think there has ever been a more miserable start to the summer! Even now as I sit here I hear the peal of thunder which has become ever so more usual. I expect within the next half hour to have a heck of a T-storm as the sky which should be bright is now as dark as late evening! I have never sat through a tornado but boy this sure looks like it may become one.

In some good news, I was glad to see that the Red Sox won yesterday! I thought originally that they were ahead 5 to 1 and lost it in the ninth so imagine my pleasure and surprise to find they were down by that score and rallied to win it in the 11th I believe. The bullpen did a heck of a job and yes even Julio Lugo did a great job.

Last thing I will say today before the thunder scares me away from the keyboard is that I watched Frost/Nixon last night on DVD. I loved the acting and think that Frank Langella was simply robbed of the best actor Oscar. He didn't simply portray Richard Nixon, he WAS Nixon. What an amazing performance and he should have received an Oscar. Well sorry for the brief note today reader's but check in tomorrow for more storm news!

Stay dry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment