Sunday, July 19, 2009

A perfect summer's day!

Well I should add this is a perfect summer weekend. The sky is clear and it seems as though the humidity has abated so we can now sit back and enjoy a nice day. To make things even better, it is a Sunday so we can really enjoy the day. I remember back to the days when I had a hammock and on a day like this, I would be out laying on it for about ten minutes before I fell asleep. Summertime naps are the perfect accoutrement to days like this.

I am keeping up on my summertime reading as well. I just finished "The Fence" by Dick Lehr. Lehr is best known as the author of "Black Mass," which showed how the FBI got into bed with Irish thugs like Whitey Bulger and let them have Carte Blanche to do what ever they wanted. This book is about a cover up by members of the Boston Police Department and how from the Mayor on down, no one ever came to the aid of a black plains clothes officer who was mistakenly beaten by his brother officers. It was bad enough that he was beaten so badly, but what made it worse was that the police force rallied to those accused of beating him and the Commissioner and Mayor never said a word against the violence. It is an amazing read!

Summertime is a great time for exercising. Today, I will walk Max for sure but don't forget it is perfectly fine to exercise your mind. Give it a shot some day, take a walk with your brain!

Well, I am off to enjoy a gorgeous summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment