Saturday, July 18, 2009

Summertime and its joys

Last night was a great summer's night. The air was milky with a high degree of humidity, the Red Sox game was on and I had fried clam strips to eat. To me that is about as good as it gets during the summer. I have to admit that one thing I never understood about people in the Massachusetts area is why they crank up the AC once the temperature turns 80? We are crammed into our homes for 9 months of the year thanks to Arctic weather and now that it is nice out we have the chance to enjoy nice weather and I see all these people going around with their windows rolled up or I hear the hum of lots of different air conditioners.

Last night I slept great and I did not use an AC to do so. It is summer time and this is how you are supposed to feel! God, imagine those poor fools who didn't sleep during summers prior to Mr. Carrier's invention? I for one enjoy the AC.

I also enjoyed watching Clay B stifle the Blue Jays last night. I hope we are seeing the 2007 version of him with that awesome control and wicked slider. If the talented Red Sox in the minors can contribute to the teams success then I like our chances this year and for the next five to ten!

And food fans the clams last night were from the Red Wing on Rte 1 south in Walpole, MA. They were simply amazing. That is the only word I can use to describe them. If there is any food that I am becoming addicted to it is them. Wow what more can I say????

Well off for the usual Saturday routines plus breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment