Thursday, May 28, 2009

Working on getting a business started

Well getting a company going is no small feet. I am currently working on getting a company started and while my partner and I have a great idea, the issue comes down to one of funding. I went and visited with the state yesterday and their idea of help was to give you a lot of forms which without going into detail offer such pearls of wisdom as, you need money to start a company and be sure to have an idea that solves a problem on the market. Fascinating that someone was paid to write that.

On my personal level, I watched Mike Judge's new TV show last night called the Goode Family. The premise is interesting, it is about this totally politically correct family who tries so hard to do everything in such a politically correct fashion. I did love how they made their dog a vegan and as a a result the poor creature is forced to hunt down other animals in the neighborhood. This one great scene had all these missing animal posters on a pole or tree that the dog had obviously eaten. The stupid mother said oh good the dog "what ever his name was I forgot" is trying to save another of nature's creatures. We have lost so many of them lately. I also liked how they tried to adopt an African baby and ended with a white kid from South Africa who they of course treat like he is black. I don't know if this will be good or not but I will watch one or two more episodes before I fully decide.

I am also wondering where summer or for that matter spring went in the Boston area? Last Thursday it was 92 degrees and we were sweating!!! Now it is raw and chilly and it feels like late March or early April. God I don't think I will ever understand New England weather! Well another bad outing by Dice-K last night has me perplexed. I mean the guy has no control we know that but 4 wild pitches and 6 overall? I also think that Big Papi needs to spend some time on the DL to ease what ever is aching him and get his mechanics worked out.

Also finished a book called Inventing Niagara by Ginger Strand. I think that's her name. I don't know how many people have ever been to Niagara Falls but this book shows just how badly it has been mismanaged but people and she gives a lot of attention to the mismanagement of Niagara Falls, NY. Niagara Falls is an amazing natural feature and I am shocked to see how polluted the area really is!

If you want to find out more about the book click on the link to its page on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Inventing-Niagara-Beauty-Power-Lies/dp/141654657X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243523534&sr=8-1

Well have a great day and don't forget that a repeat of 30 Rock is better then most new shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment