Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Welcome to my first ever blog post

Welcome to my first ever blog post. I have a wide and varied number of interests, ideas, thoughts and ideas. Sometimes I think I am the Wikipedia of useless information until I realize that Wikipedia is already the Wikipedia of useless information. Setting up this blog is long overdue and was not easy due to the fact that my blog host/partner who I will not name (Google) made it needlessly difficult.

As for those who don't know me, I am just your regular working fool, trying to survive the current recession, picking up freelance marketing and PR jobs here and all the while looking for something more permanent which in my chose profession may be a bit of an oxymoron. I do love what I am doing but it can often drive me nuts especially when those in the peanut gallery feel obliged to chime in with how my job being done. Those who work in marketing and PR and often faced with a situation that baseball Hall of Famer Leo Durocher described when questioned about his many critics as a manger. To paraphrase Leo, my job is like going to church, many attend, few understand.

So during the coming weeks and months check back for my random thoughts, actions, adventures and the banalities that passes for life.

Cheers!
Rick Sheehy

No comments:

Post a Comment